As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the process for applying for a new passport typically involves visiting the official website of the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Passport Seva Project. However, keep in mind that the process might have been updated since then, so it’s crucial to check the latest information on the official website. Here’s a general step-by-step guide for applying for a new passport:
Step-by-Step Guide for Applying for a New Passport:
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Website:
- Open a web browser on your mobile device and visit the official Passport Seva Kendra website. In India, the official website is https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/.
- Register on the Passport Seva Online Portal:
- If you are a new user, you may need to register on the portal. Provide the required details to create an account.
- Login to Your Account:
- Once registered, log in to your account using the created credentials.
- Fill in the Online Passport Application Form:
- Complete the online passport application form with accurate details. The form may include sections for personal information, family details, address, and other relevant information.
- Upload Supporting Documents:
- Upload scanned copies of documents such as proof of identity, proof of address, and other required documents. Make sure the documents meet the specified guidelines.
- Pay the Application Fee:
- Pay the applicable passport fee using the online payment options available on the portal.
- Schedule an Appointment:
- After successful payment, schedule an appointment at the nearest Passport Seva Kendra (PSK). Choose a convenient date and time for your visit.
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK):
- On the scheduled date, visit the selected Passport Seva Kendra with the necessary documents in original. You may need to go through a biometric process during your visit.
- Passport Application Processing:
- Your application will be processed by the authorities. The status of your application can be tracked online using the application reference number.
- Receive Passport:
- Once your application is approved, you can collect your new passport from the Passport Seva Kendra or choose the option for home delivery if available.
Remember, the steps may vary slightly, and it’s essential to follow the instructions provided on the official website. Additionally, document requirements and the application process may have changed since my last update, so please check the official website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Passport apply fees And Other Charges Full Details
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, passport application fees and other charges may vary depending on factors such as the type of passport, the applicant’s age, and the processing speed. Please note that these fees are based on information available up to that date, and there might have been changes since then. It is essential to check the official website of the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) or Passport Seva Project for the most up-to-date information.
Here’s a general overview of passport application fees and other charges in India:
Passport Application Fees:
- Normal (Tatkaal) Passport:
- 36 pages: Rs. 1,500 (Rs. 3,500 for Tatkaal)
- 60 pages: Rs. 2,000 (Rs. 4,000 for Tatkaal)
- Senior Citizen (60 years and above):
- 36 pages: Rs. 1,000
- 60 pages: Rs. 1,500
- Minor (below 18 years):
- 36 pages: Rs. 1,000
- 60 pages: Rs. 1,500
- Police Verification Fee:
- Generally included in the application fee.
- Additional charges may apply for re-verification in case of discrepancies.
- Tatkaal (Express) Fee:
- Rs. 2,000 in addition to the applicable passport fee.
- SMS Service Fee:
- Optional service for receiving status updates via SMS.
- Additional fee applies.
- Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) Service Charge:
- Applicable service charge for processing the application at the PSK.
- Included in the total application fee.
- Online Payment Charge:
- Transaction charges may apply for online payments.
- Postal Charges:
- If you opt for passport delivery through postal services, additional postal charges may apply.
- Passport fees are subject to change, so it is crucial to check the official website for the latest information.
- Fees are payable online during the application process.
- Payments can be made using credit/debit cards, internet banking, or through Challan at designated banks.
- Some categories, such as government employees, may be eligible for fee concessions.
It’s recommended to visit the official Passport Seva Kendra website or contact the Regional Passport Office for the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding passport application fees and charges.