As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the process for downloading an Aadhaar card from a mobile device involves visiting the official UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) website. Please note that the process might have been updated since then, so it’s recommended to check the official UIDAI website for the latest information. As of my last update, here are the general steps:
- Visit the Official UIDAI Website: Open a web browser on your mobile device and go to the official UIDAI website. The official website is https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Find the Aadhaar Download Option: Look for the “Download Aadhaar” or “Download e-Aadhaar” option on the website. This is usually prominently displayed on the homepage.
- Enter Aadhaar Number or VID: You will be prompted to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or the 16-digit VID (Virtual ID) along with the security code displayed on the screen.
- Request OTP: If your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar, you can select the option to receive an OTP (One-Time Password) on your registered mobile number. If your mobile number is not registered, you will need to visit an Aadhaar Enrollment Centre to update it.
- Enter OTP: Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number in the provided space on the website.
- Download e-Aadhaar: After entering the OTP, you will be allowed to download the e-Aadhaar PDF. The downloaded file will be password-protected.
- Open PDF with Password: Open the downloaded PDF file using Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF reader. The password for the PDF is the first four letters of your name in CAPS followed by your birth year.
- Print Aadhaar Card (Optional): If you need a physical copy, you can print the e-Aadhaar PDF. It is usually accepted as a valid proof of identity.
Remember that the steps might vary slightly, and it’s essential to follow the instructions provided on the official UIDAI website for the most accurate and up-to-date information. If you encounter any issues or if there have been updates to the process, the UIDAI website will provide the necessary guidance.